Monday, September 17, 2012

Cruising to Alaska

Recently I went on a cruise to Alaska with some of my family. We headed up the coast from San Francisco and ran into 20 foot seas and 60 knot winds. I was happy that we weren't on our 40 foot boat and was quite surprised that the conditions were bad enough to make an 850 foot ship very uncomfortable, I never thought I would need sea sickness pills on a cruise ship.



We got lucky and arrived in Ketchikan on one of those rare days they actually get to see the sun.


The mountains above Juneau


Train ride from Skagway



Dawes Glacier
 




Victoria, Canada

Eventually we'll be heading back down to Mexico and get started working on the boat again. Lots of work left to do before it returns to the water where it belongs. We've made some major changes, I'll post photos at some point.

No comments: