Well we did it, made the jump from La Paz to Mazatlan. It's 190nm from Bahia de los Muertos to Mazatlan, we did it in 32 hours. Had good winds almost the entire way on the beam 6-8.5 knots for 24 hours straight. Seas were pretty sloppy though and I did get seasick. I finally broke down and went and bought medication for the seasickness, it's something I usually don't think about when we are ashore and since I don't get seasick that often, I kept putting it off, but now I think it'd be better to not risk the suffering anymore. I'll let you know how it works out.
 |
| Approaching Isla Creston near the entrance to Mazatlan Harbor |
 |
| Cruise Ship leaving the harbor |
 |
| Met up with old friends Lenard and Wilma and new friend Dino we are all heading south from here to Isla Isabella and Puerto Vallarta |
We anchored the 1st night at Stone Island anchorage just below Mazatlan's harbor, it was very calm and quite there, got to catch up on our sleep. Moved over to the Club Nautico anchorage inside the harbor the next morning as it's much closer and much easier to get to town from here. Spent some time checking out the city and local establishments, the downtown market has just about anything you could ever want or need, well except for aged cheddar, dark chocolate or IPAs.
 |
| Catedral Basilica de la Inmaculada Conception |
 |
| Pool and 12 peso Pacificos at Bar Olimpia |
 |
| Magnificent Frigate Birds fighting over shark guts |
 |
Puesta del Sol from where we anchored at Club Nautico
|
Len,Wilma and Dino had already been here for a couple weeks, so they were pretty much ready to leave when we got here especially since Lenard had his portaboat dinghy stolen while anchored out near Isla Venados. We hung out with them for a couple days before they left and had a great Thanksgiving dinner with them. Wilma ended up doing most of the cooking and we bought 3 roasted chickens to go with it, good food, good friends, beautiful weather, who could ask for anything more.
We've decided that it's too cold here, it's been in the 50s at night, so were going to leave soon and keep heading south, try and catch up with the Midnight Sun and Hadar. Isla Isabella is our next stop followed by San Blas then Puerto Vallarta before Christmas. Isla Isabella is a nesting ground for many different types of seabirds and has some of the best diving and snorkeling on Mexico's Pacific coast.
No comments:
Post a Comment