 |
| Chart Plotter shows us passing right through the island |
 |
| Isla Gallina was actually a few hundred yards to the east of the boat |
Spent a few days last week visiting the islands of Espiritu Santo and Partida. Beautiful anchorages and lots of visibility. Did a little snorkeling, lots of colorful fishes.
Hurricane season is about officially over, we were lucky, no storms crossed our path at all. We were told by one of the locals that the arrival of the bright yellow butterflies, mariposas amarillas, signals the end of the hurricane season and we started seeing those a couple weeks ago. It's starting to cool down especially at night, and this is indicated by the fact that the cat has returned to his habit of sleeping with us, which he hasn't down since rounding the cape back in August. I hope this also means that he's going to stop shedding. They also say that October is the best month for diving with visibilities of up to 100'.
I've been working on getting my Scuba Certification, so far it's been a lot easier than I imagined it would be. Would have been done by now if I hadn't caught a nasty cold, waiting for my head to clear up so I can continue with the training. Being underwater and seeing what's around you is a much better feeling than being on top of the water and having no idea what's under neath.
 |
| Isla Partida |
 |
| Morning sun comes up between the two islands, lighting up this east facing cliff on the west side of Isla Partida |
 |
| Isla Espiritu Santo |
 |
| Isla Gallo and Espiritu Santo in the background |
No comments:
Post a Comment