Sunday, August 9, 2009

Monteray



Sea lions on the breakwater of Monteray Harbor
When we got into Monteray we decided to get a slip for the night for a couple reasons, one was so Jim could change the oil, another was so we could get some sleep and of course hot showers are always nice.
This one of the many jellyfish that seem to have infested the harbor, this one was particularly large when compared to the rest, maybe like 16" in dia. I missed getting a photo of an even larger one that was of another species, it had bright purple spots and was even cooler looking than this one. After missing that photo opp, I decided that I wasn't going to leave the boat without my camera, that's when I came across the sea otters.


One of our neighbors on the dock at Breakwater Cove Marina was this sea otter and her pup. They had their own film crew that followed them around all day.


She was a very attentive mother.



And with the orange, purple and pink starfish on the rocks all around the marina, we decided that we really wouldn't mind if we skipped going to the Monteray Aquarium, besides, isn't it better to experience nature in a more natural settings with out all the screeming children?


This really doesn't look comfortable, do you think harbor seals get bad backs?

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Glad to hear you're doing well. Your pictures are amazing. Keem them coming. We miss you!